Sunday, June 19, 2011

Joey, Australian shepherd

Sun Lakes woman gets stolen dog, car back
Posted: 06/18/2011
By: Mike Pelton

SUN LAKES, AZ - A Sun Lakes woman said she’s still in shock after thieves stole both her car and dog this week.


Carol Denmead spent Saturday with her 12-year-old dog, Joey, after going more than a day without him.

“It’s just [a] shock,” she said. “I’ve been kind of in shock for two days.”

Denmead said she left her car running with Joey inside on Thursday, as she ran into a nearby Walgreens to buy some ice cream. When she came out of the store, her car was gone.

“At first I thought I must have forgotten where I parked or something,” she said.

Authorities arrested three people in connection with the crime. Police were able to find the car Thursday, but the dog was nowhere to be found.

“He’s been all I have,” Denmead said. “He’s my only reason for getting up in the morning.”

Denmead said she received a call Friday, with a woman informing her they found Joey. The dog was reportedly wandering around in the far east Valley.

“They could have taken my car,” Denmead said of the suspects. “I want my puppy. I want my Joey.”

Denmead told ABC15 Joey is in good health, but has needed a lot of rest.



Source: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_southeast_valley/chandler/sun-lakes-woman-gets-stolen-dog,-car-back
Printer-friendly version here

No comments: