Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Julian, a Shih Tzu

I found this story on a website related to the Home Again microchip registry. I like the site because it has lots of stories, all of pets found via their microchip.


King Julian Alexander is Back Home!

Usually Julian is awaiting my arrival from work everyday between 6:00 and 6:15 pm. On the evening of Thursday, November 6th, that would all change.



Earlier that afternoon, Julian escaped through a metal gate door in our backyard that leads to a busy shopping center. Along with the many shoppers that occupy the shopping center there is a pet supermarket, a beauty salon, and a veterinary clinic.

As luck would have it, a beautician from the salon spotted Julian and immediately picked him up. She called friend who coincidently had been looking for a small dog for her little girl at which time he was taken into the woman’s home that evening. The beautician had mentioned to the woman to bring Julian to the veterinary's office in her shopping center for a checkup as he was reasonably priced and had a good reputation.

On Friday afternoon at approximately 12:15pm, I received a call from Home Again that Julian was at the veterinary’s office right behind my house with the woman who had taken him in for a checkup. I had my cell phone in one ear and my mom on the other exclaiming that she had just picked him up; Home Again had first called my house notified my mother and before I could say word she had him in the car on the way home!! I started to weep inconsolably when I heard her telling me she had him, and thanked God for the miracle of returning Julian back to us!

Having Julian microchipped 3 years ago was the best investment I've ever made in my LIFE!!! I can guarantee beyond a shadow of a doubt that had he not had the microchip he wouldn't be home today, Julian was not wearing a collar to identify him or who he belonged to.

The team of representatives that assisted me during this trying time were not only professional but compassionate and words cannot describe how truly thankful I am for all your help and dedication in getting Julian back home safe and sound!!

Posted By: Liris Acevedo, Miami, FL - 11/12/2008
Pet Name: Julian Alexander
Species: Dog
Breed: Shih Tzu
Sex: Male

Resource: http://www.bringpetshome.org/lost-pets/reunion-stories.aspx?id=75

No comments: