Thursday, August 20, 2009

Andee, a black lab

A message from the desk *ahem* floor of Andee....Thursday, August 20th, 2009 at 10:55am

as transposed by mom because I have no opposable thumbs to write with. If I did, I would be a millionaire, and cruising on a yacht, somewhere warm with lots of food.

First of all, I just want to thank everyone for being so good to my mom while I was on my walkabout. Don't know what all the fuss was for, cause I was hangin out on the patio at Llewellyn's, catching all the grub those kind folks would lavish on me. My favorite people there are the manager, Tiffany and this waiter, Brian because they made sure I got home to my mom and dad.

But I digress, there I was just chillin on the patio, throwing my sad, droopy puppy dog eyes (yeah, no one can resist me looking so pretty, especially when I cross my paws), when a nice man took me home to his family. Little did I know the chaos I missed. If I had been around to see my pictures go up in all those stores, well, I think I may have given Paris' pup a run for his money.

While I hung out with a nice family and their two sweet boys, all these people were out there looking for me. Makes me sad to know mom and pops were so upset, and Dodger too, but it's nice to know how much I am loved. It's also very sweet that so many of you took time out of your busy lives to help get the word out, keep mom sane and look for me.

Unfortunately, it required a trip to the vet for me (not my idea of fun by any means). The goofy doc in the white coat told my caretakers that I need to be on steroids because I have an ear infection. Excuse me, what? I may be going deaf, but *we* had to do a double take. Hey, who wants to get bulky? I just lost all my winter weight!!! Sigh....guess i will do what keeps me healthy. (And I am healthy.) For the record, I have a clean bill of health. Too bad mom had to pay that bill, which almost cleaned her out! HA!

It was fun trying out a new family, and they called me by a new name, Maddie. It was very sweet, to be called after someone they loved who died of cancer. An honor. But, alas, the waiter Brian saw my pic in Robust and here I am!!! Back at home where I belong. Of course, I had to check out every room in the house, to make sure everything was where I left it (it was), the first stop being the mudroom so I could eat (I did) and then I gave a great sigh of relief and kissed mom on the cheek. I am so lucky to be loved and happy to be home. (Insert a vision of tail wags here).

Thank you, from the bottom of my very sweet heart. Just remember, if you have a pet like me who likes to hit the open road now and then, make sure to PAWS and REFLECT. Meaning, STOP, remember my story, and take every action to keep your babies from getting out in the first place. I had fun, but mom and dad did not, and Silly Jilly was sad too.

Until next time (oops, mom says there wont BE a next time), this is Andee saying Peace out and much love, hugs and thx for all the prayers this week for my safe return to my fam.

Night night and sweet dreams
~Andee Padanda

No comments: