Tuesday, December 8, 2009

George, a shih tzu

So, if you didn't know it already, take a lesson from this story -- even if a dog is obviously old, not a vibrant puppy, there are people out there that will commit crimes of opportunity like this one. And from that crime of opportunity in Boca Raton, the dog wound up in a shelter over 40 miles away in Miami-Dade County.


Missing dog found in Miami shelter
Reported by: Vince Norman
Last Update: 9/29 11:47 am

BOCA RATON, FL -- The case of the dog-napped Shih Tzu has a happy ending.

George, a 20 year old blind and partially deaf Shih Tzu, was stolen from his owner Sandy Lee's car, as she was dropping off her dry cleaning last week.


"I was literally gone for four minutes. Came back, my purse was gone, and George was gone," said Sandy.

Sandy was heartbroken. "You could take one look at George and see he's not a beautiful little puppy. He's a 20 year old blind disabled animal. I figured, ok take my purse, but why take my dog?"

George was found thanks to the aid of Anita Solomon, a part-time pet detective.

"I do independent rescue and going back to Katrina, I've been doing pet reunification," said Solomon.

This erstwhile Ace Ventura managed to locate George's picture online, and tracked him down to the Miami-Dade Animal Shelter.

"Before I called Sandy, I called them and I asked for certain things that I knew would definitely identify this dog," said Solomon.

"I just went, George, and immediately, he can't see, he knew it was me right away. And just circled around in the cage like get me out of here, get me out of here, get me out of here," said Lee.

With George safe at home, Sandy's life is once again on track. "I never thought I would be holding him like this, never; I'm traumatized, but it's like for him it never happened," said Lee.

Source: http://www.wptv.com/content/news/southpbc/bocaraton/story/dog-stolen-kidnapped-wptv/XHxf1t5guUK8dKm3R5PJ5g.cspx

No comments: