Monday, March 8, 2010

Louie, Yorkie

Boynton Beach Madame Reunited With Stolen Yorkie
Louie Returned After 4-Runner Stolen From West Palm Beach Gas Station
November 7, 2008


PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. -- A Boynton Beach madame is reunited with Louie the carjacked Yorkie after a $5,000 reward prompted his return.


Jennifer Aguilar lost her puppy Tuesday night after someone stole her rented 2008 Toyota 4-Runner from a Shell gas station on Okeechobee Boulevard near Interstate 95. The theft was caught on surveillance video.

"I left him in the car for probably five seconds," Aguilar told WPBF News 25's Terri Parker. "I was careless. I blame myself. I should have never left."

Aguilar purchased a quarter-page advertisement in The Palm Beach Post offering $5,000 in exchange for the puppy's safe return.

While Aguilar mourned, another woman said she got a call from a friend asking if she wanted to buy a Yorkie and convinced the man to give her the dog.

"I had seen the ad in the paper just this morning, so I was like, 'Hmmm, this kind of looks like the dog in the paper," said the woman, who asked not to be identified.

The woman then met with Aguilar and brought Louie back.

"Me going through a divorce right now, me having to pay all my bills by myself, that $5,000 really would mean the world to me right now," the woman said.

But even though Aguilar withdrew the money from the bank and gave it to the woman, she may not be able to keep it.

Bank tellers called police after the exchange, and because the woman knew the man from whom she got Louie, she is now being questioned about the theft.

Aguilar said the woman confessed to her that her ex-husband and his friend talked her into bringing the dog back for the reward. Regardless, Aguilar said she's happy to have Louie home.

"I can't wait to just go home and, you know, cuddle with him and take him to the beach and, actually, go shopping with him," Aguilar said.

Aguilar was convicted last year of operating a Boynton Beach brothel disguised as a spa and had to spend months under house arrest.

"I was very depressed and lonely and he's helped me out a lot," Aguilar said. "We became attached to each other. We go everywhere together."

For now, Louie is back to being dressed in $100 Italian outfits and sipping his favorite mango smoothies.

Source: http://www.wpbf.com/news/17931114/detail.html
Printer-friendly version here

No comments: