Friday, November 2, 2012

Tinkerbell, dachshund


Lost dog reunited with family at adoption event
NBC
Posted: 11/02/12


A Virginia family is whole again after an unusual case of lost and found.

Tinkerbell, an 11-year-old Dachshund mix disappeared six months ago.


Owner Jerry Gusler was crushed.

"This dog has been with me a long time, got two kids but she's one of them. She's the third one," he says.

"It was like losing a family member. It was really sad," says Kelli Gusler, Jerry's daughter.

The Guslers had almost given up hope on finding Tinkerbell when Kelli decided to take a trip to the Tractor Supply store, where the Franklin County Humane Society just happened to be holding an adoption event.

When Kelli arrived a friendly face came running through the crowd.

"I could tell she recognized me and that was it I just started crying and lost it. I think everyone there thought I was crazy because I was saying 'That's my dads dog!', I know that dog," Kelli says.

Now Tinkerbell spends most of her days at the Gusler's auto shop, but her travels took her all the way to Pulaski county.

That's 70 miles away from her home in Boones Mill.

The Guslers have no idea how Tinkerbell got that far away, are glad she's home.

"I was choked up. I just couldn't believe it. It has to be one in a million to find the lady that found her was in another county. So I mean for her to bring her was amazing," Jerry says.

The Guslers say Tinkerbell hasn't missed a beat since she's been back.



"I'm amazed, but I just think God put her back in out hands," Kelli says.

Source: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/must-see/12008958901691/lost-dog-reunited-with-family-at-adoption-event

No comments: