Friday, January 25, 2013

Max, yorkie

Detroit man reunited with his stolen Yorkie
By Taryn Asher Fox 2 News
Posted: Jan 22, 2013

DETROIT (WJBK) -- It was all smiles and kisses as a Detroit man and his best friend are reunited at Detroit's Sixth Precinct.


This is how it all unfolded.  Shannon came home to find a note taped to his door that basically said I saw the story last night and I know where you dog is right at this moment.  Shannon called the number on the note and soon found out if he wanted his dog back, he was going to have to pay up.

"Some lady answered the phone.  She said that she had bought my dog from a 'crackhead' for $750 and that I could get the dog back if I wanted it."

Shannon asked for a picture to confirm it was in fact his pint-sized pup.  When he didn't hear back, he called again.

"A gentleman answered the phone and he said that the girl didn't know what she was talking about, but he knew where I could find my dog but he wanted $1,500."

"They kind of infuriated me.  Not only [do] you have the audacity to try to sell me back my property, but you want $1,500 for it?"

Shannon hung up and called Detroit Police, who told him to call back and tell them he would pay the money.  Two undercover officers from the breaking and entry task force showed up and waited.

"The cops wanted me to make sure that they had my dog.  So the guy actually got out of the car with my dog in his hand, and he's like, 'Where's the money?'  And I'm like, 'Hold on.  I'll get it for you.'"

Shannon pressed send on his cell phone to alert the officers.

"When I saw them get back in the car, I was just praying that the cops could catch them before they got away and, in fact, they did.  So I was really appreciative for that.  So the cops did an excellent job."

"I appreciate Fox 2 for putting it on the air and helping me get my dog back because without Fox 2, the word wouldn't have got out and I'm pretty sure they never would've called me."

Police believe the same guys that are in custody are also responsible for stealing all of Shannon's stuff and his dog.  They plan to run the fingerprints to see if there is a match.

Source (with video) : http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20653749/detroit-man-reunited-with-his-stolen-yorkie
Original story & video at http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20643346/detroit-homeowner-heartbroken-after-thieves-steal-yorkie

No comments: