Friday, September 10, 2010

Stella, collie

Update Your Phones If You Move!!!
Posted By: Faith, Brooklyn Park, MN
Pet Name: Stella Species: Dog Breed: Collie Sex: Female
8/27/2010

In the summer of 2009, we moved to a different home to make room for my mother to live with us. It had a lovely fenced in yard, and our collie, Stella, LOVED it!

One night, my husband received a phone call from HomeAgain, telling us that they found our dog. We thought she was just outside on the patio, but apparently she took about a 5 block stroll towards a very busy intersection, and made a new friend there!!!

Stella
The operator on the phone, told my husband that they tried the phone number we had listed, but (of course) it was disconnected....I hadn't even thought of changing it! They called the emergency number listed, my good friend, Laura, and she gave them my cell number.

What a wonderful phone call to receive!!!

The "Rescuing Angel" saw Stella on her way home from delivering some rescued dogs to a no-kill shelter!! She jumped out of her car, and Stella came right up to her....wanting a head scratch, thank goodness.

I don't even know her name, but this angel started walking Stella on a leash, while her husband drove along side them. She called the cell number given to her, and I told her where we lived, she was only about a block away.

I took off running down the street, and saw my beautiful Stella, happily walking along with her, wagging her fluffy white tail. I was still in shock about the whole thing, but I think I managed to express my gratitude.

I still can't believe how fortunate we were to have the HomeAgain tag on her collar, connected to the wonderful people working there that helped an angel bring Stella back to us.

Source: http://foundpets.homeagain.com/update-your-phones-if-you-move!!!.aspx?&utm_source=HomeAgain_Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=L_Reunion_Story&utm_campaign=September8_HA_Newsletter

No comments: