Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faith, bassett hound

Missing Dog Found Miles From Home, Reunited With Owners
Dog Named Faith Found In St. Francis Tuesday Afternoon
November 16, 2010

MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis. -- An amazing journey lead a Waukesha County couple to find Faith, their 8-year old basset hound.

Faith vanished from their Menomonee Falls yard Monday evening.
 She was found Tuesday afternoon in St. Francis, nearly 25 miles from home.

"How she ended up here, I don't know. But she did," said Elliot Brown, who found the dog. "I saw this little munchkin running down the street, so I started chasing her. She ran about a half-mile before I caught her. I know she doesn't look fast, but she is."

Brown took the pup into his home, and after making a few calls he discovered the droopy-eyed dog was missing.

Faith's faithful owners are photo-toting proud puppy parents. They rescued the dog, once in extremely poor health.

But clearly she can make a comeback, considering she likely traveled more than the distance of a marathon.

"I'm telling you it was just the happiest time," said Doris Luedke, Faith's owner. "It has been the longest 24 hours I've spent."

Brown said he is no stranger to rescuing dogs. This is the third dog he's reunited with owners this year.

Source: http://www.wisn.com/r/25820362/detail.html
Printer-friendly version here

No comments: