Friday, November 5, 2010

Rusty, toy fox terrier

Two Years Later, Missing Dog Reunited With Bronx Family
By: Erica Ferrari
12/27/2009 10:33 AM
After a nearly three-year, 800-mile odyssey, a missing dog has been reunited with his Bronx family.


"Rusty" the toy fox terrier arrived at JFK Airport in Queens early Saturday night.

He ran off his leash during a walk nearly three years ago. His owner recently received a call that he had been found in Atlanta, Georgia.

"I always think that I'm going to find him, and I have that, everyday I said, 'I'm going to find him, one day I'm going to find him,' and also I pray to God every night I say 'God please let me know where is my dog, is he alive or is he dead,'" said Rusty's owner, Norma Alejandro.

"I'm so happy to see him, and I love him so much, and I know how much my grandma cared about him, when I heard we found him, I know that it was a Christmas miracle for all of us to have him back," said Alejandro's grandaughter, Chelsea Ortiz.

The family posted fliers pleading for the dog's return, and registered the pup as missing on the Internet.

A couple in Georgia took Rusty to the vet, where a computer identification chip was found under his skin.

Source: http://bronx.ny1.com/content/top_stories/111073/two-years-later--missing-dog-reunited-with-bronx-family

No comments: