Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Toby, hound mix

Happy story!!! Reunited with my Toby after 2 months!!!
Posted to Craigslist Raleigh by Mandy
Date: 2010-12-27, 7:02PM

Toby, long before he went missing
So for all of you who may have had a pet go missing recently, or at all, and you are worried and heartbroken, this is the story for you!

The past 2 months have been the worst months of my entire life! My 3-year-old, 75 lb baby, Toby, a hound mix whom I adopted from the shelter and have raised since he was born, and spoiled every second of his life, ran away Oct 30th from the back yard.

I have been frantically searching every day since without any hope, sightings that were never him and almost nothing to go on. Yet, still I posted signs, family members did everything they could to help me and at 2 months later I was about to go door-to-door again.

Well today, a normal day at work, turned into the day I got my Toby back.

I had just posted on Craigslist again and this morning at work I got multiple phone calls and emails about another posting that looked just like him. It WAS him!!!

This is the picture posted by the wonderful family that took Toby in and reunited him with  us

This wonderful family had taken him on on Christmas Eve and taken care of him and for that I am eternally grateful! They contacted me today and we went and got him and brought him HOME!

I have no clue what he was doing before Christmas Eve for the past 2 months and I'm afraid I'll never know, but there are just a few scratches on him, and besides the fact he's lost 20 lbs, he's perfectly healthy! He was 75 lbs when he ran away and 54 when I found hilm.  He has since been microchipped, and he is no longer allowed outside of the house without a leash! 

The moral to this story is "never give up" and keep posting on Craigslist even when you think it's not helping and no one's reading! They are reading and miracles do happen!!!

Thank you to all who contacted me today and who've kept up with the Toby search over the past 2 months! We are very happy to have him home!

Oh and after looking for Toby every could of days at the Wake County pound, we adopted another couple of puppies for Toby to come home to!  Check back for a picture of the whole family.


-Mandy

Original Source: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/laf/2131788665.html

No comments: