Monday, September 28, 2009

Holly, terrier/poodle mix

Holly The Prodigal Pooch Is Reunited With Her Owner
John Kelly, Dublin
UK, Monday April 07, 2008

Holly the missing dog has been reunited with her overjoyed owner after nine long months apart.


Holly and Laura are reunited

Laura Cleary's beloved pet was stolen from her house in Dublin in April. But she never gave uphope she would see the six-year-old terrier-poodle cross again, despite fearing she had been stolen by a gang.

Then Battersea Dogs Home got in touch to say they had found the dog - 279 miles from Dublin in Harrow, west London. As Laura waited for her long-lost dog to be brought to her, she admitted to being slightly nervous.

"I was kind of prepared for her not to remember me because she's seen so many people over the last nine months," she said.

"That's why I brought her favourite toy and blanket with me, because she responds to them, but she was just fine.

"When she comes home now it'll all come back to her. She was a bit stunned by the cameras I think.

"I can't believe this is really happening and I'm just so happy."

When dog and owner were finally reunited, at Battersea's unit in Windsor, there was no need for props - both were evidently happy to see each other.

"She looks great, I've missed her so much and I'm so excited," said Ms Cleary.

"All my family and friends are at home and we're going to have a small party tonight and lots of fun tomorrow with her."

And there could be romance in the air for Holly, because Laura rescued a Yorkshire terrier named Harry while Holly was missing.

"Holly's getting a boyfriend!" said Ms Cleary.

"Harry can be a bit jealous of other people getting attention from me, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

"Battersea gave me tips about settling them down together and I'd like to thank them for reuniting us."

Ms Cleary also has some sensible advice for other dog owners who find themselves in the same situation.

"If you had the dog chipped notify the company and put up flyers, try to get some publicity and never give up hope," she said.
Source:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Holly-The-Prodigal-Pooch-Is-Reunited-With-Her-Owner/Article/20080121300286?lpos=Home_Article_Related_Content_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_1300286_Holly_The_Prodigal_Pooch_Is_Reunited_With_Her_Owner

Video:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/UK-News/Adventurous-Lost-Dog-Found-Abroad/Video/200801214183442?lpos=UK_News_Article_Related_Content_Region_2&lid=VIDEO_14183442_Adventurous_Lost_Dog_Found_Abroad

No comments: