Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kobe, a yorkshire terrier

Here are the before and after stories of this dog lost and then found. Enjoy.

Beloved Yorkie Is Kidnapped From Arundel Mills
Suzanne Collins
Oct 24, 2008

An Odenton woman says she's devastated by a theft from her car at Arundel Mills Mall. That's because the property stolen is her beloved dog.

Suzanne Collins reports every day the owner visits the shelter to see if the Yorkie has been found.

Lisa Anderson is back at the Anne Arundel County animal shelter for the fourth day in a row looking for Kobe. Her little Yorkie was stolen from her SUV at the Arundel Mills Mall Monday around 8 p.m.

She left him for about an hour. When she returned, he wasn't there jumping up and down as usual.

"That's when I put my hand on my chest and said, 'oh my God, oh my God.' My little dog is gone. I called him around the parking lot. I was just devastated," said Anderson.

Lisa checked the aisles of abandoned and stray dogs Friday with a shelter supervisor. But she didn't have any luck.

Property crimes are up around the state, especially thefts from cars. But Anne Arundel County Police say it's highly unusual for someone to steal a pet.

Kobe's owner has posted flyers many places. Lisa is mourning over his favorite items and says he doesn't have his seizure medication.

"But if that was to come up, they wouldn't know how to care for him. That's a big concern for me," said Anderson.

Lisa says she's put up online notices on dogdetective.com and Craigslist. She has a message for the thief.

"You don't know the lives you're affecting. You don't know what animals mean to people. Sometimes an animal can be your everything," Anderson said.

Police and mall officials say please lock cars on shopping center lots and don't leave valuables in sight.


http://wjz.com/local/yorkie.arundel.mills.2.848117.html


Kidnapped Yorkie Reunited With Owner Reporting
Gigi Barnett
Oct 25, 2008

After days of searching, it's a happy reunion for pooch and pet owner.

As Gigi Barnett explains, the remarkable reunion may have been captured on tape.

A simple message on a box: "His name is Kobe, the lost dog from TV. See that he gets home. Sorry!!!"

Inside, workers at Falls Road Animal Hospital found a five-year-old Yorkshire Terrier, wearing a grey and purply argyle sweater.


"Very friendly and he was shaking a lot, so he was nervous," said receptionist Danielle Council.

That's exactly how Lisa Anderson described her missing pet on flyers and to police. She searched for days after someone snatched Kobe from her car while she shopped at Arundel Mills Mall on Monday.

"I felt sick. I felt empty inside. I haven't eaten. I couldn't eat anything. It was the fact that I didn't know his fate. That was the part that scared me the most," Anderson said.

That's until police called late Friday night.

"They said they may have my dog and they may have dropped him off at an animal hospital," Anderson said. "I didn't hear anything else after that."

When she arrived, it was her Kobe, the same missing pet featured on Eyewitness News.

"You guys were the ones who were actually able to link it because he was in Baltimore the whole time," she said. "This is my kid and I love him so much and I take care of him like he was a little human."

Anderson says whomever dropped her dog off at Falls Road Animal Hospital may have been captured on surveillance video.

"I don't want to see that. The only thing that matters to me is that I got my dog back. They possibly have their own reasons. Maybe someone is lonely and they wanted a pet," she said.

Anderson says the next step for Kobe is a visit to the vet to make sure he's OK.

Source: http://wjz.com/pets/kobe.2.848670.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bittersweet! So happy Yorkie and family are reunited.