Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cocoa, small terrier

Pavelski reunites dog with its owner
Kevin Kurz, Sharks Insider
November 9, 2011, 10:29 pm

You know the tale of Pavlov’s dog. Now, here’s the story of Pavelski’s dog.

Sharks forward Joe Pavelski recently made a new fan when a stray dog wandered onto his property. After waking up from a pregame nap before the Sharks hosted Nashville on Saturday, he noticed a small dog peeking in his backdoor when his chocolate lab, Lucy, started barking.

Cocoa with Sarah, Joe and Lucy

“The other dog took off and we went in the backyard, which is fenced in,” explained Pavelski. “Our dog came out and started running around, so he started playing with her.”

Fortunately, Pavelski had a flyer on his kitchen table that his babysitter brought by after the dog’s owner handed it to her on the street the day before.

“Our babysitter, the previous day, was out for a walk and met this guy and he gave her a flyer saying they had a lost dog,” he said. “Sarah (Pavelski's wife) came out and said ‘I think that’s the dog that’s on the flyer.’ So we called him, and he was over in five minutes.

“It was great seeing the dog, Cocoa, and the owner reunite.”

San Jose Sharks forward Joe Pavelski, holding Cocoa, and a very happy blogger, Taewoo

Source: http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/sharks-talk/post/Pavelski-reunites-dog-with-its-owner?blockID=591400&feedID=10290


Original blog post at: http://blog.pawshpal.com/2011/11/05/missing-dog-missing-heart/

Missing Dog, Missing Heart
By taewoo
On November 5, 2011

Dear friends, subscribers, and readers of PawshPal.

Yesterday, I lost my dog Cocoa.


A few days ago, my door window basically cracked into a billion pieces from strong winds.

When the door guy came to fix the window, I wasn’t home. He didn’t realize that Cocoa would bolt out. (Terriers are known to be quite frantic and territorial at the same time). When he chased after Cocoa, Cocoa got spooked and basically ran for his life.

After 24 hours of intense searching (by THREE people), Cocoa is nowhere to be found, including local animal shelter.

Cocoa was my inspiration for PawshPal.

I have not given hope, but i am in insane emotional pain, anxiety, and fear. The nights are quite chilly these days and he hasn’t eaten in a few days from upset stomach. I wonder where he is sleeping … if he’s warm.. if he’s hungry.

It’s true what they say.. “you don’t know what you have till it’s gone.”

It’s taking me 2x as long as normal to write this post because my fingers are trembling and i can’t quite type straight. Though I like to express my emotions, right now it’s too much for me to take and I am quite lost for words.  I will update you guys as things progress.

Remember, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Live today NOW.

No comments: