Saturday, November 26, 2011

Marley, yorkie

Dog reunites with owner after mysterious journey
By Jennifer Musa, FOX 5 San Diego Reporter
May 7, 2010

SAN DIEGO— A San Diego dog that somehow ended up over 330 miles away from home in Fresno has been reunited with his owner, thanks to his microchip.


On April 1, 2010, Brianne Thom noticed that Marley had gone missing and did everything she could to find him.

"I put up signs everywhere. Nobody called. He had his collar on, so I knew if somebody good found him they would call," said Brianne Thom. "No one called. Weeks went by, I kept putting up fliers and they kept getting taken down."

A woman found Marley roaming around an apartment complex. The dog was taken to the Valley Animal Center in Fresno.

"She brings him in, and she says, 'I'm going to keep it if nobody claims it,'" said Bertha Rubi, a worker at Valley Animal Center. "I said, 'Well, let's scan it to see if it has a microchip.'"

The sweet tempered Yorkie mix had a chip, and Thom was contacted immediately. A month after Marley disappeared, Thom hopped in the car and drove six hours to Fresno to reclaim the dog she thought she'd never see again.

"Somebody sold him I guess," said Thom. "I don't know what else could have happened. I know he wouldn't walk. He's too small."

Thom adopted Marley six years ago from her aunt in Florida, and now that they are reunited they will be inseparable.



Source: http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-dog-reunion,0,7749077.story

No comments: