Monday, February 20, 2012

Benben

Beijing man reunited with his lost dog seven years later
February 11, 2012

While attending the Lantern Festival, a young Beijing man who had lost his dog seven years ago, said he stumbled across the dog accidentally.


"I began to raise this dog in 2003. One day, after dinner, we went out for a walk and I lost him. That was two years after, in 2005. Since then, I haven’t kept any pets," said the man, who posted his story to an online forum.

He recounts their reunion: "Today [February 6], on my way home, I stopped my motorcycle in front of the traffic lights. There was a homeless dog that looked just like my lost dog Benben".

Taking off his helmet, he whistled to him just like he did to Benben.

"The dog was stunned, and looked at me for at least three seconds, and then ran to me like crazy. My feelings were so mixed; I couldn’t help but cry."

He took a few pictures of their reunion before taking the dog home with him.

The seven years of homelessness had changed Benben.

"He used to be very picky with food, only eating rice with meat soup. But after getting back to our factory yard, the first thing he did was to search the garbage. Seeing this, I cried again," said Benben's owner.

After the man posted his story on his blog, hundreds of people commented on his news, most congratulating the two and expressing how emotional the tale had made them.

People in China believe that the Lantern Festival is also a time for reunion. This was certainly the case for this man and his dog.

Source: http://www.dogheirs.com/tamara/posts/529-beijing-man-reunited-with-his-lost-dog-seven-years-later

No comments: