Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Teddy, terrier

Teddy's Story
Told to Find Toto
Lost 2/4/12, Found 2/5/12

Teddy was lost on a Saturday afternoon from the stable in Maryland at which I worked. We realized he had just wandered too far, and though he knew his way around the farm, a sudden snow storm confused him and prevented him from finding his way back.


After over 30 hours of searching and worry, Teddy was found!

I received a call at about 9:30pm on Sunday from a kind gentleman who said Teddy had wandered onto his porch at around 1am on Saturday.

While Teddy had tags I had not realized the only phone number on them was for my husband, who is currently away serving in the Army. The gentleman had called several times, but (obviously) received no answer.

He finally found my number when he went to put a craigslist "found" ad up, and found my "lost" one.

I cannot stress enough the help I received from the tracking service "Dogs Finding Dogs". Their representative was an AMAZING help. She gave me the most efficient ways to find my dog, including craigslist, FindToto, and many many flyers. She also worked with me for over four hours searching for him with her dog over the several hundred acres and many miles that Teddy had traveled.

While FindToto was not the specific way Teddy was found, it was an invaluable asset, and just one more way to get the word out.

I'm so unbelievably relieved and happy to have my boy back. I know his "daddy" soldier will be too.

Source: http://www.findtoto.com/?action=success_stories_detail&id=7398

No comments: