Sunday, March 24, 2013

BA, great dane

Owner reunited with lost dog after 7 years apart
By Marc Martinez, FOX 10 New
Posted: Nov 28, 2012

TEMPE, Ariz. - This story is pretty incredible. A valley man who lost his dog in North Carolina has gotten his dog back 7 years later.

It was all thanks to a microchip implanted in the dog's shoulder.


The dog was found wandering the streets of Durham, North Carolina last month in pretty bad shape.

After the Humane Society scanned him for a chip, they found a phone number that put them in touch with his owner, who now lives in Tempe. Now after all these years the two are now back together.

ASU assistant swim coach Dan Kesler and his Doberman B.A. have been reunited after spending the last 7 years apart.

B.A. ran off during a thunderstorm in North Carolina when he was 3 years old.

"The first night I spent outside waiting for him to come back, because I honestly thought he would come back that night. Within a week I thought he would show up - but then as weeks turned into months and months turned into years… did I think he'd be back - I can't say yes. But I never gave up hope."

Dan always wondered what happened to his four legged friend, who had a microchip. He hoped someday he would get the call he was waiting for.

"Yeah I never changed my number throughout the years depending on the job or wherever I was at - I never changed the number just in case this happened."

Four weeks ago the call finally came.

"Oh my God it's my dog - I have to do whatever I have to do to get my dog back!" he recalls.

B.A. was flown to Arizona at the beginning of the month. Dan picked him up at the airport.

"You know there's little commands that he knew were me - that he remembered and picked up on. So I honestly think he did remember me."

Dan says it's still hard to believe he and B.A. are back together again.

"There's so many things that had to line up throughout this whole process that ended up lining up. To be able to have him back as well," he says. "It's amazing. It's absolutely amazing."

You may have noticed B.A. has a bandage on his leg. That's because at some point he broke his leg, and a metal rod had become infected. It's now been taken out and he is well on the road to recovery.

Source: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/20210983/2012/11/28/owner-reunited-with-lost-dog-after-7-years-apart

No comments: