Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sparkles, cocker spaniel

Woman Reunited with Lost Dog
Channel 5 News
Mar 8, 2013

McALLEN - Bekkie Acedo of McAllen thought she has lost her best friend forever. A few hours later, she was reunited with her beloved cocker spaniel.


A CHANNEL 5 NEWS viewer saw Acedo's story and contacted her.

"She said ‘I have Sparkles.' And I said, ‘how much money do you want?' And she said, ‘I don't want any money. I just want to return your dog to you,'" Acedo said of her conversation with the stranger.

Acedo drove 15 minutes from McAllen to an apartment complex in Edinburg.

"Oh my Gosh! Sparkles! Hi baby! Oh my God! Oh, hi mama! Where have you been? Oh! Thank you so much for taking care of her for me," an ecstatic Acedo said.

"She looks very well taken care of. Thank you so, so much," Acedo said fighting back tears.

Jessica Garcia said she found Sparkles while looking for a dog on Craigslist. She answered one of the ads.

"He was like, ‘if you want to take her off my hands, I would be happy if you did,'" Garcia said.

She picked up the dog three weeks ago. Garcia said the renamed the dog Lucy.

Garcia said she and her son fell in love with the cocker spaniel. Her heart sank when her mother called her to tell her about the news report.

"Lucy's on CHANNEL 5 ... they're looking for her," Garcia's mother said.

"I ran to my brother-in-law's room. I was like, ‘you need to go online. Search it.' And that's how we got the information," Garcia said.

"There are no words to describe it. She brings such joy to my life. I don't think she realizes," Acedo said.

Source: http://www.krgv.com/news/woman-reunited-with-lost-dog/

No comments: