Monday, April 25, 2011

Bors

Missing dog reunited with owner after town-wide search effort
Kevin Zimmerman/Staff Reporter
Thu, Dec 10, 2009

As the song goes, “And they call it puppy love.”

Bors, the dog missing for more than two months, has been reunited with his owner Charles after a little help from Cupid.


Apparently, Bors fell in love with a dog named Hope and followed her back to her owner’s home on Hornbeam. Hope’s owners let the two dogs alone. They got comfortable with each other to the point that Bors followed Hope into the house one day.

Kristen Dineen, who helped organize the search, said Bors was tired but happy to see Charles when he came to pick him up.

“I can't thank everyone enough,” said Dineen. “Bors is not my dog, but I am always amazed how people will come together to help animals. Everyone was so helpful, and so nice. I am honored to have been a part of this, and what appropriate timing with the holidays here.”

According to Dineen, Charles rescued Bors more than a year ago from a shelter in Ohio. Then, this past October, Bors got spooked while being watched by Charles’ sister and took off.

“I came across the situation and wanted to help,” said Dineen. “I have four of my own rescued dogs and could not imagine if one went missing. So we all started a crusade. I have had a lot of luck helping people find their missing dogs and tried to help on my free time.”

A small army of volunteers placed more than 300 posters around town. The group was able to track the neighborhoods Bors visited. They set up cameras and traps. Sometimes Bors would be right in front of a volunteer, but couldn’t be caught.

Dineen said she and the others were out before dawn, late at night, during a rain storm and in the cold hoping to find Bors.

“We made a lot of friends along the way,” said Dineen. “I have over 30 people I put in my phone by addresses and first names that would call daily and weekly to check on our progress and offer to help.“
Now that Bors is home, after a checkup and a good bath, Dineen expects he’ll go back with Charles to visit Hope soon.

“I fell in love with Bors along the way of this crusade,” said Dineen. “I never slept much with this cold weather here and the storm coming and to have him home last night before today’s weather is the best gift I could of gotten for Christmas. Charles has served our country and given up so much for us, I wanted him to have his dog home more then anything. I guess it all comes down to one thing; never give up Hope."

Source: http://chelmsfordmassnews.com/missing-dog-reunited-with-owner-after-townwide-search-effort-p585.htm

No comments: