Saturday, April 23, 2011

Max, schnauzer

72-Year-Old Mesa Man Reunited with Missing Dog
Tuesday, 19 Apr 2011

MESA - A dog that went missing more than a week ago is reunited with his owner, thanks to a Mesa family who saw the story about Max on FOX 10.

Bill Lorimer of Mesa has been reunited with Max, a purebred miniature schnauzer, Monday, April 18, 2011. Max was trapped inside Lorimer's SUV when it was stolen.

Max's owner is a widower with congestive heart failure. For the past three years, Max has been Bill Lorimer's best friend. You can imagine how happy Max is to have his buddy back.




"I'm so glad to have him back, its unreal," says Lorimer through tears.

The 72-year-old and his miniature schnauzer Max are making up for lost time after a week spent apart.

Max went missing after Lorimer left him in the back of his vehicle while he ran inside a convenience store. Someone stole Lorimer's SUV with Max inside. The SUV turned up a few hours later, but Max was gone.

"I was sick I hadn't slept."

Lorimer has spent every waking hour this past week searching for Max.

"Every day every day I mean all day long," he says. Then Lorimer got a call Monday. "I got goose pimples on my arms."

A construction worker had found Max and took him home. He had seen the story on FOX 10 about Max missing, and knew who he belonged to.

The family called Lorimer and dropped off Max only about a block and a half away.

"He just he jumped literally jumped right up in my arms knocked my glasses right off I was so happy I couldn't see or nothing," Lorimer says. "I thanked them I hugged them we were all crying up there yesterday when I got my dog back."

Lorimer got Max back just in time to celebrate -- today is Max's 3rd birthday. Lorimer is taking Max to Sonic for some chicken nuggets.

"I got a lot of thoughts about people. There are good people out there and I got my dog back I thought he was gone forever I did really."

Source: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/pets/man-reunited-with-missing-dog-4-19-2011
Printer-friendly version here

Original Story:

No comments: