Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bella, husky

Bella's Story
Told by Jo Ann
May 21st, 2013

I just wanted to share my story of hope.

In January 2012, our 1 year old Husky, Bella, learned how to open our garage door and got loose.


We searched day and night, posted to every site we could find, subscribed to Pet Amber Alert, put up fliers, spoke to neighbors, visited the shelters daily, and no signs of her anywhere. This went on for week and months.


After 16 months we had started to come to the realization that the chances of Bella coming home were pretty slim. We stayed connected with Facebook missing pet pages, but I considered taking down her Amber Alert.  Pet Amber Alert is a robo call alert service that also does blast notifications to local vets, shelters & other organizations. They also post the alert on their website and Facebook page, which will show in Google searches.

Last Monday I received an email from someone about 15 miles from our home. She found our Amber Alert post from last year and had a loose Husky in her yard for a few days playing with her dogs.

I asked my husband to call because these emails and calls had become too painful when ultimately we would always find it was someone else's dog.

I was traveling for work that week and when I called home later that day my husband gave me the news. Without a doubt Bella was home.

It's been a little more than a week and I still can't believe she has found her way back to us.

For anyone missing a pet I can completely relate to the pain and emotion that comes with every day. Please don't give up hope because miracles really do happen. Thanks to Facebook pages that keep us all working together to find our lost friends.

We have taken care of the microchip and both out huskies now have GPS collars too. 

No comments: