Sunday, May 5, 2013

Joshua, black lab

Owner reunited with dog lost after fire
Lindsay Munschauer, Posted by: Eli George
Saturday, 04 May 2013

TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Kim Sieber lost her home, four cats and a dog after a devastating house fire on East Eagle Street in Buffalo on Thursday.


To make matters worse, one of her three surviving dogs, a 7-year-old black lab named Joshua, ran away from rescuers who were taking him to the Green Acres Animal Hospital in Tonawanda. Sieber was crushed.

"I'm terrified. He's like a child to me. I know he's scared. He's hurt and he's looking for me," she said. "It hurts bad... I just can't tell you how much."

But thanks of volunteers of Pet Alert WNY, who worked round the clock, Joshua has been found. He was spotted a few times before he was discovered, collapsed next to a cage Pet Alert had planted to capture the animal Saturday morning.

Sieber said, "The house is gone; that's okay. That's material. But that's my baby, that's my son, you know? He can't be replaced. God, thank you. That's all I can say: God, thank you."

Joshua was taken to the Green Acres Animal Hospital for treatment He suffered some burns in the fire and will need some antibiotics, but we're told he will make a full recovery



Source: http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/owner-reunited-with-dog-lost-after-fire

No comments: